Festivals in Jamestown, NY
The Jamestown area provides great opportunities for people to celebrate culture, arts, and community. These events take place each year and build on the traditions the community holds dear.
- The Lucille Ball Comedy Festival takes place each year in August to celebrate the life and legacy of the first lady of comedy, Lucille Ball, while also being a platform for tomorrow's comedic talent to shine.
- Motor Mahem is a downtown classic car show and motorcycle rally with live bands and entertainment.
- The Yassou Festival is a Greek cultural festival that takes place each year on Father's Day weekend at the St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church.
- BANFF Mountain Film Festival brings the spirit of outdoor adventure and mountain culture to Jamestown! Hosted by Roger Tory Peterson Institute, the event is held at the Reg Lenna Performing Arts Center and features amazing film making talent from around the world.
- The annual Downtown Jamestown Christmas Parade and Holiday Celebration brings thousands of spectators to downtown Jamestown every December to enjoy over one hundred floats, live music, and an incredible fireworks display.
- The Great Blue Heron Music Festival has been going strong for over 20 years and entertains over 10,000 people each year with eclectic music and memorable experiences.
- The Jamestown Region Celtic Festival celebrates Celtic heritage and music in Mayville, NY each year at the beautiful Lakeside Park.
- The Scandinavian Folk Festival takes place at the Gerry Rodeo Fairgrounds where Scandinavian dance, music, food, and culture are celebrated each July.
- Celoron Rib Fest brings smokey BBQ to the shores of Chautauqua Lake just outside the city!
- Chautauqua Lake Dragon Boat Festival brings together community spirit, athleticism, team work and fortitude - all of which are needed to sustain the future of Chautauqua Lake. Dragon Boat racing in itself sparks a bit of curiosity in the minds of those who have an imagination and desire a competitive pursuit. A standard size dragon boat seats 20 paddlers in 10 rows with a steersperson standing in the stern to guide the boat, and a drummer in the bow to motivate the team to keep the paddlers in sync. These 22 people work in unison to propel a 42’ long “canoe” down the race course.
- The Gerry Rodeo is the longest running PRCA rodeo east of the Mississippi. For four days each summer the quaint village of Gerry becomes "The Rodeo Capital of the East" as approximately 135 professional cowboys and cowgirls roll into town to compete for more than $45,000 in prize money.
Be sure to check our events calendar for a full list of events happening in the greater Jamestown area.
For events happening throughout the county, visit the Chautauqua County Visitor's Bureau.