Festivals in Jamestown, NY
The Jamestown area provides great opportunities for people to celebrate culture, arts, and community. These events take place each year and build on the traditions the community holds dear.
- The Lucille Ball Comedy Festival takes place each year in August to celebrate the life and legacy of the first lady of comedy, Lucille Ball, while also being a platform for tomorrow's comedic talent to shine.
- Motor Mayhem is a downtown classic car show and motorcycle rally with live bands and entertainment.
- The Yassou Festival is a Greek cultural festival that takes place each year on Father's Day weekend at the St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church.
- BANFF Mountain Film Festival brings the spirit of outdoor adventure and mountain culture to Jamestown! The event is hosted by RTPI and held at the Reg Lenna and features amazing filmmaking talent from around the world.
- The annual Downtown Jamestown Christmas Parade and Holiday Celebration brings thousands of spectators to downtown Jamestown to enjoy nearly 100 floats, live music, and an incredible fireworks performance the first Friday of December.
- The Great Blue Heron Music Festival has been going strong for over 20 years and entertains over 10,000 people each year with eclectic music and memorable experiences.
- The Jamestown Region Celtic Festival celebrates Celtic heritage and music in Mayville, NY each year at the beautiful Lakeside Park.
- The Scandinavian Folk Festival takes place at the Gerry Rodeo Fairgrounds where Scandinavian dance, music, food, and culture are celebrated each July.
- Celoron Rib Fest brings smokey BBQ to the shores of Chautauqua Lake just outside the city!
- Chautauqua Lake Dragon Boat Festival brings together community spirit, athleticism, team work and fortitude; all of which are needed to sustain the future of Chautauqua Lake. Dragon Boat racing in itself sparks a bit of curiosity in the minds of those who have an imagination and desire a competitive pursuit. A standard size dragon boat seats 20 paddlers in 10 rows with a steersperson standing in the stern to guide the boat, and a drummer in the bow to motivate the team to keep the paddlers in synch. These 22 people all work in unison to propel this 42’ long “canoe” down the race course.
- The Gerry Rodeo is the longest running PRCA rodeo east of the Mississippi. For four days each summer the quiet little village of Gerry becomes "The Rodeo Capital of the East" as approximately 135 professional cowboys and cowgirls roll into town and pay their entry fees to compete for more than $45,000 in prize money in four performances.
Be sure to check our events calendar for a full list of events happening in the greater Jamestown area.
For events happening throughout the county, visit the Chautauqua County Visitor's Bureau.