Consider giving to the ‘SPROUTS’ Club at the Jamestown Public Market initiative through the #GiveBigCHQ on Thursday, June 14, all day at http://bit.ly/jpmsprouts
We've announced that this year’s Doors Open Jamestown event is scheduled for Saturday, January 20, from 10 am to 5 pm at various locations across the city.
Doors Open Jamestown features free admission to greater Jamestown area attractions, raffle prizes at each location, restaurant specials, and more. The event is sponsored by Jamestown Up Close, Jamestown Renaissance Corporation, Jamestown Community Chamber of Commerce, and Chautauqua County Chamber of Commerce with support from the participating attractions and merchants.
16 local attractions and nearly two dozen restaurants and retail stores partner together for this annual event to celebrate the region.
Brand new this year, a raffle for making a $10 purchase at any listed attraction, or retailer/restaurant in Downtown Jamestown! This raffle includes: 1 night stay at the new Hilton Doubletree in Downtown Jamestown, a $50 Chamber of Commerce Gift Card, $50 to a downtown restaurant of your choice, and $50 to a downtown retailer of your choice!
To enter, take a picture of your receipt clearly showing purchase amount and date (must be dated January 20), and send the picture and your name to email@example.com, or stop by our information tent at AIDS Memorial Park/Wood Park (3rd and Potter's Alley), with your receipt before 5pm the day of the event!
2018 Participating Attractions (special events below each Attraction):
- Audubon Community Nature Center, 1600 Riverside Road
- Watch the animals feed between 12 and 3
- Busti Grist Mill, 3443 Lawson Road
- Tours of the mill and machinery
- Chautauqua Sports Hall of Fame, 15 W. Third Street
- Soup available
- WJTN Radio on site from 10 to 11
- Chautauqua Striders, 301 E. Second Street #102
- Stem class drone demonstration; mentoring program display - life skill demonstration; track and field display;
- Daughters of the American Revolution, 70 Prospect Street
- Light refreshments
- Dykeman-Young Gallery, 100 E. Second Street
- Gallery will be open
- Fenton History Center, 67 Washington Street
- Last chance to see both the Christmas display and the Lake Room exhibit
- Infinity Visual and Performing Arts, 301 E. Second Street #101
- Photo booth; instrument petting zoo; roaming violin player
- James Prendergast Public Library, 509 Cherry Street
- Makerspace will be open - play and learn about STEM based activities
- Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum, 2 W. Third Street
- Tropicana Room will be decorated and cookies and coffee will be available
- Screening Room will have National Comedy Center pictorials, exhibit explanations, and a timeline
- Martz-Kohl Observatory, 176 Robin Hill Road, Frewsburg, NY
- Tours and educational sessions
- Northwest Arena, 319 W. Third Street
- Free skate from 10 to 4
- Reg Lenna Center for the Arts, 116 E. Third Street
- Theater Tours
- Movies at the Reg - Lady Bird at 8pm
- Robert H. Jackson Center, 305 E. Fourth Street
- Showing "Liberty Under Law: The Robert H. Jackson Story at 11am and 2pm
- Tours, book sale, and Robert H. Jackson portraits for kids to color (will be hung in the halls)
- Roger Tory Peterson Institute, 311 Curtis Street
- View originals from the Peterson Collection; There will be refreshments; Promotions in the museum store
- Spire Theater, 317 E. Third Street
- 11am - Drum circle, some drums will be provided, bring your drum if you have one
- 12pm - Screening of the best of 2017 Insomniac Film Festival
- 1pm - Swing dance for dummies workshop on main stage
- 2pm - Burlesque dance class on main stage
- 3pm - Improv comedy workshop
- 4pm - stand-up comedy provided by karate sleepover
2018 Participating Restaurants and Bars (Hours vary by location):
- Basil & Bones, 4-9:30pm
- Brazil, 4pm-1am
- Brick City Market, 10am-7pm
- Cherry Lounge, 11am-2am
- Crown Street Roasting Company, 9am-9pm
- Dugan's Tavern
- El Jarocho Mexican Restaurant, 11am-9pm
- Forte, 5-9pm
- Fresco Pizza and Wings, 11am-10pm
- Gialy's, 4pm-12am
- Gypsy Moon Cake Company, 11am-4pm
- Harvest Time Cafe, 9am-6pm
- Havana Cuban Cafe & Pizzeria, 11am-2:30pm - Buy a Cuban Sandwich, get a soft drink for free!
- Hidden Exclusive Grill, 11am-5pm
- Labyrinth Press Company, 8am-10pm
- Landmark Restaurant, 5-9:30pm
- Lisciandro's, 6am-2pm
- Panino, 11am-2pm
- Sauce, 4pm-9pm
- Shawbucks, 4pm-2am
- Taco Hut, 11am-10pm
- The Pub, 11:30am-2am
- Wine Cellar, 1pm-2am
2018 Participating Retailers (Hours vary by location):
- BioDome, 10am-5pm
- Brick City Market, 10am-7pm
- Brick City Spirits, 11am-10pm
- Charm Salon, 9am-1pm
- Chautauqua Music, 10am-3pm
- Decorator's Gallery, 11am-2pm
- Discount Discs - Collectors Paradise, 10am-4pm
- Dorian's, 9am-3:30pm
- Esquire Cleaners, 8:30am-1pm
- Frame and Glass Shoppe, 9am-1pm
- Fresh Press Studios Inc., 9am-3pm
- Gifts, Decor & More, 11am-5pm
- Gokey Mini Market
- Jamestown Skate Products, 12-8pm
- Jamestown Hydroponics, 1-5pm
- John David Salon, 7am-7:15pm
- Lafayette Corners, 10am-5pm
- Lander's Men's Store, 9am-4pm
- Liquid Monkey, 10am-6pm
- Lucy Desi Museum Gift Shop, 10am-5pm
- Nouveau Salon, 9am-2pm
- Patient's Pharmacy, 10am-2pm
- Shake it Daily, 10am-2pm
- Sugar 'n Spice Beauty Salon
- Video Games Plus, 11am-1pm
Don't forget to follow Doors Open Jamestown on Facebook to get up-to-date information and notifications about the event.
Shop Small Win Big kicks off on Small Business Saturday, November 25, and runs through December 18! This year we have doubled the total number of winners to be chosen! The concept is simple: spend $10 at any participating locally-owned retail store or restaurant in the downtown Jamestown area, and you will receive a ticket to be entered in the drawing! Check out these awesome prizes:
Here is the list of participating retail stores and restaurants:
Jamestown Skate Products
Lander's Men's Store
Little Theatre of Jamestown
Lucy-Desi gift shop
Nouveau Boutique and Salon
Oriental Star Buffet
Ricky's Pawn Shop
Ring It Wireless
Shake It Daily
St Luke's Thrift Store
Studio D Catering
Taste of India
Video Games Plus
Allen Street Diner
Basil and Bones
Brick City Market
Brick City Spirits
Brooklyn Square Café
Crown Street Roasting Company
Dykeman Young Gallery
El Jarocho Mexican Restaurant
Enchanted Mountain Spirits
Farm Fresh Foods
Fisher's Family Restaurant
Frame & Glass Shoppe
Fresh Press Co.
Gifts, Décor, and More
Gypsy Moon Cake Co
Hidden Exclusive Grill
I've Been Framed
Jamestown Up Close is sponsoring a storefront decorating contest! The contest is a fun way to celebrate the holiday season, create a festive and beautiful downtown, attract visitors to downtown Jamestown, and showcase our downtown businesses.
Participating businesses will have an opportunity to win prizes!
Grand Prize: $1,000 media buy and press release with quote
Second Place: $500 media buy
Third Place: $250 media buy
People’s Choice: $100 lunch credit to a downtown Jamestown restaurant for the employees of the winning business
Sign up for the 2017 Downtown Jamestown Storefront Holiday Decorating Contest and help make downtown Jamestown a fun place to shop this holiday season!
Rules and Regulations:
Eligible businesses must be located in downtown Jamestown between the boundaries of Sixth St. and Harrison St., Foote Ave. and the Third Street Bridge. To be eligible, businesses must be locally owned or independently operated, and clearly visible from the sidewalk.
How to Enter:
A registration must be submitted to participate. Participants may either complete and return their application by completing the online form below, or if you prefer to fill out a hard copy, click here. Hard copies can be dropped off to the Jamestown Renaissance Corporation at 301 E. Second Street, Suite 301, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***To be eligible for prizes, businesses must register with JRC by Thursday, November 30. ***
The information you provide will allow us to promote your business and tell people how to find you. All registered participants will be listed on the Jamestown Up Close website and Facebook page.
After registering, it’s time to decorate! We encourage creativity, originality, and liberal use of lighting! Decorations need to be in place by 6pm on Friday, December 1. Between December 1 and December 11, our panel of judges will be making the rounds and selecting the winners. Judges for the event are community members volunteering their time to carefully check out each and every display and vote. In addition, this year there will be a People’s Choice award, with the winner based on reactions to the photos we will display on our Facebook page.
Photos of each registered business will be taken during the evening hours (when it’s dark) between December 1 and 3. These photos will be posted in an album on Facebook, and will be used for voting for the People’s Choice award. Voting for the People’s Choice award will begin Monday, December 4, and end at 5pm Sunday, December 10.
Winners will be announced during the week of December 11.
If you have any questions about the Holiday Decorating Contest, please call Kristy Kathman at (716) 489-3495 or email her at email@example.com.
Thank you for participating! Happy holidays from Jamestown Up Close!